The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Department of Ambulatory Surgery Centre Is looking for a 100% Nursing Assistant They assist members of the nursing staff in providing multiple types of patient care, both in-patient and outpatient. They must be familiar with all aspects of nursing used to deliver patient care. A rotating schedule of 8-hour shifts is used. They work between the hours of 6:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Monday through Friday. Hours can be adjusted depending on departmental requirements.
Duties to Include
- Assists in patient admissions, transfers, and discharges
- Assists patients with their personal hygiene and comfort.
- Patients are ambulated, positioned and turned.
- Transports equipment, specimens, and supplies.
- Serves food and water to patients and records their intake.
- Assist patients in obtaining bedpans, urinals, and output records.
- Recording and taking temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure.
- Assists isolated patients and provide medical assistance.
- Simple diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, such as preoperative preparation of the skin, dressing changes, dressing changes, collection of specimens, application of binders, etc.
- Participates in nursing conferences; reports relevant patient information to the nurse in charge.
- Social interactions are used to provide comfort measures for patients.
- Participates in the preparation, proper care and use of equipment and supplies as well as for cleanliness and nearness of the unit.
- Assemble equipment and supplies for use in various treatment or diagnostic procedures.
- As directed by the nurse in command, performs special duties.
- Cleaning patient units, operating rooms, and examining rooms depending on the assignment.
- Stock and supply nursing units and patient rooms.
- Welcoming – We aim to create an environment that encourages everyone’s voice, respects their dignity, and allows them all to succeed in their work, health, and education.
- Excellence – We strive to be the best we can in our pursuit of high-quality healthcare, education and research.
- Collaboration – We encourage collaboration between healthcare providers and communities throughout Iowa, the region, and within our UI community. Teamwork, guided by compassion, is our favorite way to work.
- Accountability – We act ethically, with fairness, and integrity, and take responsibility for our actions.
- Respect – We want to ensure that UI Health Care is a safe and welcoming environment for all people, regardless of their backgrounds or perspectives.
- Equity – We are committed to equity and fairness in health care, research, education, and health.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics is a nationally recognized hospital. It is Iowa’s only comprehensive academic health center and a regional reference center. Every day, more than 12,000 students, employees, and volunteers collaborate to provide high-quality, safe health care for patients. Our mission is simple: To Change Medicine. Our mission is to change lives.
Percentage of Time 100%
Schedule: 8-hour shifts – Rotating schedule Monday to Friday between the hours of 6:30 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
Location: Ambulatory Surgery Center, 4th Floor Pomerantz Family Pavilion
Rotations: The hours between 6:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. are subject to a rotating schedule. Hours can be changed depending on departmental requirements
- Permanent salaried job in Iowa City, Iowa
- The fringe benefits package includes paid vacation, sick leave, health, dental and life insurance options. Employer contributions to retirement plans are generous.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Ability to follow and read instructions
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to care for patients based on their age and condition.
- Ability to keep patient confidentiality.
- Understanding of the principles of sanitation and hazards to health.
- Effective working relationships.
For a minimum of, job openings will be posted 10 calendar days .
Candidates who are successful will have to pass a criminal background screening. For questions, contact Aimee Cusic at firstname.lastname@example.org.Additional Information
- Description of the Class: Nursing Assistant
- Merit Appointment Type
- Schedule: Full-time
- Pay Level: 4
- Minimum Salary: 33,800.00
- Maximum Starting Salary: 44,886.40
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Aimee Cuseic
- Contact Email: email@example.com
Job postings offer many benefits
- Insurance for medical expenses
- Dental Insurance
- Insurance for the disabled
Post Title: 100% Nursing Assistant – Ambulatory Surgery Center Job Vacancy In Iowa, USA
Posted Date: January 28, 2023
Author: Jobs in USA