About the job
Company: Amazon Warehouse
Description of the Job
Pay Rate As high as $17.5
Amazon Sortation Center Warehouse Associate
Overview of the Job
As part of the Amazon team, you’ll be the first to reach the warehouse. The sortation center is where we perform our fast-paced physical roles. As part of customer order fulfillment, you will need to sort, scan, stack, and stack pallets. Part-time shifts allow you to choose the most convenient shifts for you and then adjust your schedule as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
You may be able to include some of your duties
- Sort and receive inventory
- Get customer orders ready for delivery
- Technology such as scanners, computers, and handheld printers can be used
Also, you’ll need to be able:
- Lift up to 49 Pounds
- Stand, walk, push and pull, squat or bend during shifts
- To move things around, you can use carts, dollies, and hand trucks.
- If applicable, go up and down stairs
- If applicable, work at 40 feet or more on a mezzanine.
Amazon Sortation Center: What is it like?
- Safety. We care about your safety so we offer protective gear. Every team shares safety tips every day.
- Surroundings. Moving machines will be used – order pickers and stand-up forklifts as well as mobile carts and turret trucks.
- Activity. Activities may include standing for extended periods of time, moving around, or climbing stairs.
- Temperature. Temperature.
- Noise level. Sometimes it can be quite loud. If you require hearing protection, we can provide it.
- Code of dress The dress code is relaxed, but there are some safety rules. In select business units, safety footwear is required. Comfortable, closed-toe shoes and safety footwear are necessary. Amazon offers a $110 Zappos coupon code to help you purchase shoes for your first day of work, depending on your position or location.
This Job is a Great Choice
- Keep busy. Your team and you are fully engaged throughout the shift.
- Flexibility in scheduling. Schedule flexibility is available depending on your location. You can choose to work full-time (40-36 hours), reduced-time (30-40 hours), or part-time (20 or fewer hours). All schedules are flexible and allow you to add hours as needed. Find out more about our plans.
- Shift options. You can work when it suits you. Shifts can include night shifts, overnight, morning, afternoon, evening, weekend, or both. There are also options for four-day workweeks or three-day weekends. Learn more about our shifts.
- Anytime Pay. For select employees, you can cash out up to 70% of your earnings instantly after your shift. Learn more about AnytimePay
- Career advancement. We pledge to develop our employees. We offer a range of training and development programs for free. Additionally, we have tuition support options available for selected employee groups. Discover where your Amazon journey will take you.
- New skills. You’ll learn, depending on your role and where you are located, how to use Amazon technology, including robotics and handheld devices.
- Team environment. You can work in small or large groups that support one another.
Amazon: Why You Will Love It
Many of our jobs offer great benefits, including healthcare, parental leave, and ways to save for your future. There are also opportunities for career progression. All this in a safe, inclusive environment that has been ranked as one of the top workplaces in the country. The following are some examples of benefits that may be offered depending on the job, work schedule, or location:
- Weekly competitive wage, plus overtime for over 40 hours
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Medical Advice Line
- Network of Support (health and well-being at work and on the job)
- Adoption Assistance
- Maternity and parental leave
- Savings plan for 401(k).
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Opportunities for holiday pay
- Employee discounts
- Basic life insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Companies-paid short-term and long-term disability
- Skills development and training on-the-job
- Employee Assistance Program
Learn more about Amazon’s Culture and Benefits.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old and able to comprehend and follow all safety and job requirements.
How to Get Started
Start by filling out the application. If you need help with your application or to learn more about our hiring process, you can find support here: https://hiring.amazon.com/hiring-process#/.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation during the application and hiring process, including support for the New Hire Event, or need to initiate a request prior to starting your Day 1, please visit https://hiring.amazon.com/people-with-disabilities#/ or contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT). We can be reached by phone at (888) 435-9287 Monday through Friday between 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. PST.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Amazon is an equal-opportunity employer. It does not discriminate based on race, nationality, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, protected vet status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Warehouse worker, Location: Litchfield Park (AZ – 85340)
Job postings offer many benefits
Post Title: Amazon Packer – Immediate Hiring In Arizona, USA
Posted Date: March 20, 2023
Author: Jobs in USA