General Service Employee Job Description
- Assists in setting up and maintaining assigned stations before, during, and after meals.
- Make sure to keep the serving areas clean with dishes, silverware and trays.
- Monitors the serving lines of meals to make sure that quality and quantity are appropriate to meet customer demand.
- Communicates promptly with the Supervising Manager/Person-in-Charge about food quality and how to keep food hot and cold during meal times.
- Notifies the staff responsible for cooking food of any needs before they run out.
- To ensure that customers are satisfied, monitor the serving lines.
- Utilizing knowledge of food allergies/intolerances directs students/guests to safe menued items and food storage areas such as refrigeration, freezer, and dry storage. Students/guests are informed about foods to avoid by learning the ingredients and referring to the person in charge.
- Keep your area safe by posting wet floor signs and responding promptly to spills or breakages.
- Surfaces were cleaned and sanitized, including countertops, walls, shelves, shelving, refrigerators, and freezer units.
- Organize and keep all storage areas clean.
- Clean and replenish workstations.
- Completes all required sanitation logs, temperature logs, and food service records accurately. Notifies the person responsible if corrective action is required.
- Conforms to all regulations, including Harvard Environmental Health and Safety regulations.
- Recycling per policy and procedure. Empties trash and cleans receptacles.
- Notify management or the person responsible of equipment malfunctions.
- Conforms to the State of Massachusetts and Dining Services “Food Employee Illness Policy”.
- All events supported, including but not limited to set-up, execution, and clean-up.
- Represents HUDS to guests, students, faculty, staff, and staff in a professional and positive manner.
- With enthusiasm and a spirit for cooperation, works to fulfill the mission and core values of Harvard University Dining Services.
- Assigns training.
- As required, maintain current certifications
- Other duties may be assigned.
|Title||General Service Employee|
|Hiring Organization||Harvard University|
- As needed, maintains, fill, and restock all stations.
- Maintains soft-serve machines by cleaning, sanitizing, and maintaining them in accordance with local regulations. Keeps track of the temperature in soft-serve machines.
- Vacuum the floors of the dining and serving area by vacuuming, mopping or sweeping.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of all beverage machines and equipment in the serving area.
- All chemicals and detergents are maintained and filled.
- Cleans and de-limes dishes machine.
- Responsible for all aspects of ware-washing and sanitation on all food- and non-food contact surfaces.
- Check the temperature of dish machine tanks during meal times to ensure that wash and rinse are accurate. As required, accurately record temperature in the log book. If corrective action is required, inform the person responsible.
- Vacuums the floor in the dish room or tray drop-off (conveyor belt area)
- All equipment in the dish room must be kept clean and sanitized, including carts, dishes, and caddies.
- Conveyor belts clean tables and disposal units.
- Make sure food is correctly labeled, garnished, and utensils are in order.
- Serves and cleans dining areas. Refills the napkin holders and salt/pepper shakers.
Qualifications for General Service Employee Job
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Proficiency in the English language (reading, writing, and speaking) is required.
- Basic math skills are required.
- You must be able to follow instructions.
- You must be professional in your appearance and adhere to the HUDS dress code.
- You must be able both to work in a group and independently.
- You must be able to multitask.
- Communicates well and works with guests, staff and management.
- You must be able and willing to work in a fast-paced, diverse environment.
- Customer service-oriented and able to offer customers the best dining experience.
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
- You must be able and willing to work with diverse staff, management, and guests.
- Customer service orientation is essential.
Additional Skills and Qualifications
- ServSafe certification in one year after employment
- Minimum of one year of experience in the food industry.
- Experience working at a University is preferred.
Physical Requirements for General Service Employee Job
- Routine: Must be able to lift 50 lbs. There are no restrictions. Continuous: Standing, walking, lifting, reaching, handling, and bending
- Frequent: Push/pull, bending and ascending and descending staircases and ladders
- Occasional: climbing, squatting, sitting, kneeling
Post Title: General Service Employee Job Vacancy in Massachusetts, USA
Posted Date: August 1, 2022
Author: Jobs in USA