$17.85 an hour
This is a labor-intensive job that involves hand-building pallets of product to be shipped by bulk trucks and route trucks. Every type of loading requires meticulous attention to detail when loading trucks outgoing and unloading trucks coming in. Uses an electronic order system or order sheets to build loads with a forklift or electronic pallet jack. The position is responsible for loading accurately and adhering to shipper/receiver documentation. Follow warehouse instructions when loading loads The workplace must be safe and clean. You may need to work in a variety of weather conditions. Shift durations can vary depending on the workload.
Loading a truck to transport products involves loading full pallets from the warehouse onto a truck and then removing any pallets/plastic flats that have been returned. Responsible for loading raw materials into the warehouse and placing them in the designated warehouse space.
Bulk truck loading is the process of selecting packages and products from a warehouse and loading them onto a pallet. The pallet’s stability is maintained by the position. This can be achieved through proper stacking and shrink-wrapping. Most pallets are loaded onto trailers for local delivery. The position is responsible for loading and unloading pallets/plastic flats and returned products.
Loading a truck with a route truck means that you select the right packages, flavors, or pallets of products and load them into your truck. Each truck is customized according to the order of the salesperson. The position is responsible for loading and unloading products returned or pallets/plastic flats.
This position requires the lifting of a large volume of product cases per day, ranging from 20 to 45 pounds per case. It is repeated over a prolonged work period. As the product is being moved, it requires constant standing, walking and twisting.
PRIMARY JOB ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Use power pallet jacks or forklifts to pick the area, and then build pallets/load according to load sheet or voice-pick audio equipment (if applicable).
- For out-of-stock items, mark load ticket
- Wrap pallet after pallet/load is completed
- Send in the paperwork along with your order to have your truck checked before you load.
- When ready, stage pallet and/or load into the truck
- Make partial pallets, and then put away mixed pallets
- Keep your work environment clean and maintain good housekeeping standards
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance
- 18 years and older
HELPFUL EXPERIENCE :
- Experience in warehouse environments (e.g. order selector/picking products storage, product staging), powered pallet jack/forklifts, etc.
- Driving a forklift (e.g. performing basic operations like driving forwards and backward, lifting boom, maneuvering in tight spaces without causing damage to the product, etc.
- Work with racking systems, loading/unloading pallets, (e.g. pulling and placing pallets onto/off vertical product rack systems and trucks, maximizing storage by stacking products vertically, etc.).
- Working in a team environment is a valuable experience (e.g., co-working, problem-solving together, etc.).
Our Company will accept qualified criminal history applicants for employment in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and any other applicable laws. This includes the San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 to 4919, also known as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and Chapter XVII of the Los Angeles Municipal Code. Also known as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, or disability.
PepsiCo has an Equal Opportunity Employer policy: Female / Minority/Disability / Protected Veteran/ Sexual Orientation/Gender IdentityDownload the EEO is The Law Supplement document to learn more about your EEO rights. View the PepsiCo EEO policy.
Check out our Transparency Statement on Pay
Post Title: PepsiCo Hiring Warehouse Person (Loader) in Mississippi, USA
Posted Date: January 10, 2023
Author: Jobs in USA