The Cashier/Food Service Worker is responsible for cash and credit transactions at Sodexo customers. They will also assist with the setting up and serving of food at counters and steamtables. Cleaning and sanitizing workstations and equipment are their duties. They will be responsible for operating the cash register/POS accurately and completing the transactions. They will also support the retail operation by setting up, and maintaining products and supplies, as well as cleaning up after closing. These are the general responsibilities of the position. However, Sodexo may assign additional responsibilities. These responsibilities can vary between accounts depending on client needs and business requirements.
- Assists customers and employees with cash and check payments. Makes changes, issues receipts, and gives tickets.
- Responsible for the accurate ringing of correct PLU for sale items, and/or barcode scanning.
- Customers are provided with the best service possible at all times.
- Cash security must be maintained at all times
- Follows Sodexo cash handling policies and procedures.
- You may assist with the reconciliation and verification of transactions.
- You may also need to prepare the service area for the meal, and clean it afterward (wiping the tables, vacuuming, cleaning the floor, etc.) in order to maintain a pleasing appearance.
- You may set up and stock the beverage bar, grab-and-go items, service ware, condiments, or any other designated areas.
- Establishes stations for soups, entrees and salads.
- Serves and replenishes food at steam tables and counters (sometimes using conveyor food belts), and then takes down stations at the end.
- Cleans and sanitizes counters, steam tables, and workstations.
- Makes tea and coffee. It may be necessary to replenish other beverage areas.
- In the dining and serving areas, interacts with customers.
- Assists customers in opening and cutting food, when needed.
- Participates in all foodborne illness and allergy training.
- Conforms to all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures
- All company safety and risk management policies are followed.
- Notifies all injuries and accidents promptly
- Participates in safety meetings, safety training, and hazard assessments.
- Assigned to attend training programs (classroom or virtual).
- You may maintain stock, inventory, and requisitions.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be performed as required.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Willingness to learn and grow.
- Mental maturity in judgment and behavior
- High standards in appearance and work areas.
- Keep a positive outlook
- Flexible work hours are a plus.
- All dress codes must be observed
- You must be able and willing to work weekends, nights and on holidays.
- Attends work on time and shows up to scheduled shifts with satisfactory regularity.
- GED or equivalent experience, high school diploma
- Represents oneself professionally to others. Understands the importance of honesty and integrity.
- Positivity to keep a positive outlook
- Communication skills with colleagues and other departments.
- Establishes professional relationships with coworkers, vendors, supervisors, managers and customers.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to give clear instructions and respond to employees.
- Basic food-handling skills
- You can adjust your focus with or without corrective glasses, and you will be able to see close, distant, and peripheral vision.
- Walking or other forms of mobility that are significant.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend and stoop to push or pull and lift up to 35 lbs.
Working Conditions (may include additional conditions specific to a particular work location)
- Most often, in an indoor setting. However, you may be responsible for overseeing outside activities or events.
- Variable schedules to accommodate evenings, holidays and weekends, as well as extended hours, as required by the business.
- The employee performs the job in a controlled environment. However, they may be exposed to heat or cold during outside activities.
- Noise levels in the workplace are usually moderate to high.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Sodexo offers full-time benefits. We believe that every employee should be able to do their best. We offer benefits programs to support a healthy lifestyle, including vision and health insurance, as part of our overall rewards. All eligible employees are eligible to enroll in their benefits. They will become effective on their first day at Sodexo. Other benefits include paid time off, savings and financial programs as well as access to the employee assistance program.
Job postings offer many benefits
- Insurance for medical expenses
- Vision insurance
- Dental Insurance
Post Title: Sodexo Hiring Cashier-Food Service Worker In Texas, USA
Posted Date: January 26, 2023
Author: Jobs in USA