Full job description
Storeroom Supervisor Job: Gate Gourmet looking for people who are motivated and engaged to make everyone’s journeys more enjoyable.
|Hiring Organization||Gate Gourmet|
|Base Salary||$46,743 to $68,130 Per Year|
Responsibilities for Storeroom Supervisor Job
- The food production area must be maintained according to FDA and HACCP regulations, unit policies, FDA guidelines, and HACCP regulations
- All security and safety procedures are strictly enforced
- Responsible for customer safety, quality, and compliance with regulatory requirements as well as company policies and procedures.
- Inventory accuracy and security must be maintained
- Daily reports to the Buyer and Chef on the condition of high-value inventories and the thawed zone.
- Assists the Buyer in resolving any issues or bringing up solutions.
- Assists maintenance staff in ensuring preventive maintenance of machinery as per schedules. Also, promptly reports maintenance and repair problems.
- Collaborate with the management to improve performance.
- Prepares management reports (ex. Reports on attendance, HAACCP, and labor as needed.
- Responsible for performance evaluation, coaching and counseling employees.
- Balances workflow by managing the division of responsibilities between employees for each shift
- Responsible for daily manpower planning, including assigning responsibilities and working stations.
- This determines whether or not employees should be called in to help with staffing issues (ex. Sick calls, vacation relief and medical leaves are all covered.
- Together with the department leaders, determine how many employees are needed for each shift
- Ensure compliance with the company’s Wage & Hour policy. This includes ensuring that employees receive rest & meal breaks, and ensuring that company processes are adhered to.
- Training and monitoring employees in proper work practices to maximize productivity and minimize food costs.
- Monitors manpower planning daily and schedules employees.
- Responsible for employee retention and reducing turnover.
- Responsible for counseling, coaching and preparing corrective action plans for employees in accordance with applicable union/collective bargaining agreements.
- Employees in the chain of command receive reviews and are supervised to ensure they are in the correct cost centers and have the correct job titles.
- Review and verify that union-represented employees are paid the correct rates based on seniority and wage scales.
- Compliance with all company required policies, procedures and processes including but not limited to required training qualifications
Requirements for Storeroom Supervisor Job
- High School Diploma required or GED.
- Associates degree preferred. Working Experience:
- 2+ years of supervisory experience in high volume manufacturing, food production, restaurant or catering environments or an equivalent experience in the same field preferred. Technical Skills: (Certifications, Licenses, and Registration).
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to manage a staff of more than 30 hours per hour.
- Experience in labor relations is an asset, but it is not essential.
- The candidate must feel comfortable working with all levels of employees and be able to drive positive program changes.
- Required to be able to instruct others.
- You must be able to provide daily feedback, both positive and negative, to your employees.
- Excellent time management skills are required. Able to manage multiple tasks while remaining focused on the priorities.
- You must have strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills.
- You must be creative and able to adapt to changes in order to improve the unit’s performance and the work environment.
- Basic computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products are required.
- Ability to obtain ServSafe certification required.
- ServSafe Certified is preferred
Language and Communication Skills for Storeroom Supervisor Job
- Communicate clearly and effectively to people and groups, listening attentively and ensuring that communication is understood by all.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish/Chinese Mandarin/ Vietnamese/Hindi/Polish a plus.
The Job Dimensions
Geographic Responsibility: USA
Type of employment: Full-time
Work Environment/Requirements for the Job: Normal work environment
Budget / Revenue Responsibility: USDOrganization Structure
Direct Line Manager (Title): Manager, Ops, Materials
Dotted line manager (Title, where applicable): N/A
A number of direct reports: Up to 30 (union employees, Asst. Admin, Ops).
Number of Dotted Line reports – N/A
Maximum 30 people are expected to make up the team.
To be successful in your job, you need to have the following skills:
- Thinking – Information search and analysis skills & problem-solving skills
- Engaging – Understanding others and Team Leadership.
- Inspiring – Influencing and Building Relationships, Motivating and Inspiring. Effectively Communicating
- Achieving – Delivering business outcomes under pressure, championing performance improvement and customer focus
Demonstrate Values for Success in the Position
Gategroup employees are expected to live by our Values: Excellence, Integrity and Passion. We expect everyone to demonstrate these Values.
- We treat each other with respect, and we act with integrity
- We communicate with each other and keep each other informed
- As a team, we work together to solve problems and achieve excellence.
- Passionate about our work drives us to pay attention to every detail.
- We promote accountability and take responsibility for our actions.
- When we promise to do something, we do it.
- We care about our coworkers and are always willing to help make someone’s day easier.
These statements describe the nature and extent of the work performed by the person(s) in this position. These statements are not meant to be a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required. Management has the right to add, remove, modify or delete duties, and assign additional duties, as needed. Additionally, individuals with disabilities may be granted reasonable accommodations to allow them to perform essential functions.
Candidates will need to pass a pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check and/or airport fingerprinting.
Gategroup is committed to diversity in its workforce and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment. No discrimination will occur based on race, color or religion.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, copy and paste the following URL into your web browser: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Join us if you are interested in being part of a team that makes travel and culinary memories.
Post Title: Storeroom Supervisor Job Vacancy in San Francisco USA
Posted Date: July 12, 2022
Author: Jobs in USA