Unit: Food and Nutrition
Work Schedule: Rotating
Minimum experience: 1 year.
Prepares and cooks food for patients, the cafeteria, and catering services.
- Review the menu and place special orders. This will help you decide on the types and quantities of food items that should be prepared.
- Prepares all food according to standardized recipes. To ensure that food is ready when it is needed, a supervisor or exec chef plans the cooking schedule.
- Discuss modified diet preparations and leftovers with your supervisor or exec chef.
- Follow all guidelines applicable to the storage, handling, preparation, and disposal of food and the maintenance and sanitation of the work area.
The job requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment. It also requires the ability to work under minimal supervision. You must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take the appropriate actions.
- Minimum Required Education: High School diploma or GED, or in lieu of HS/GED, satisfactory completion of UCHealth-administered basic competency test is required. Exception: Neither HS/GED nor competency testing is required to work at Yampa Valley Medicine Center (YVMC).
- Minimum experience: 1 year.
- If applicable: BLS through American Heart Association, or American Red Cross CPR For the Professional Rescuer. The card must be in-hand prior to the start date. The CPR or BLS card must be valid for 60 days after hire. All life support certificates must be issued either by the American Heart Association, or the American Red Cross CPR For the Professional Rescuer. The American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only valid upon hire. All renewals must be done through an American Heart Association-approved course.
If applicable: Are you an RN New Grad? Visit https://www.uchealth.org/professionals/residencies/ to find out about our exciting New Grad opportunities!
This position pays $18.540000 to $24.100000 an hour. The applicant’s experience is a determining factor in the pay.
UCHealth offers a five-year incentive bonus to recognize employees’ contributions to quality, patient experience, and organizational growth. After five years of employment, the bonus is earned each October and paid in October.
UCHealth offers its employees a comprehensive and competitive total rewards package.
- A complete vision, medical and dental coverage
- Pension plans that include matching pension plans and 403(b).
- Paid time off Get paid time off when you start your job at UCHealth.
- Additional buy-up options available for employer-paid life or disability insurance
- Reimbursement for tuition and continuing education
- Wellness benefits
- Incentive Bonus for 5 Years
- A complete suite of voluntary benefits, including identity theft protection and pet coverage
- Employee benefits include the possibility to receive 100% tuition reimbursement from UCHealth, as well as books and fees reimbursement. You may also be eligible for tuition reimbursement or pre-paid tuition by UCHealth up to $5250 each calendar year.
Repayment of a Loan
UCHealth is a qualified employer under the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness program (PSLF).
UCHealth offers free assistance to employees in navigating the PSLF program and submitting federal student loans for forgiveness via Savi.
UCHealth is a different kind of organization
We believe in something new: we place emphasis on each person’s individuality. We exist to make extraordinary lives possible for all who we serve, in small and large ways. We are Colorado’s most innovative and largest healthcare system. As a team, we strive to make sure our patients and families have the best possible experience. We encourage human connection and allow people to live extraordinary lives. UCHealth is not just a job; it’s a passion.
To go beyond quality, you need to have the right combination of talent, integrity, and drive. We seek individuals who are open to change and are motivated not only to do the right thing but also to be part of a changing world. We encourage creativity and curiosity to help each person discover the extraordinary in themselves. We at UCHealth will do all we can to help you succeed and build a fulfilling career. Your potential is unlimited here.
Be Extraordinary. Join us Today!
UCHealth values the many talents and perspectives that equality and diversity offered to our institution. UCHealth, an affirmative-action/equal-opportunity employer is committed to making every employment decision based on valid requirements. In no way shall an applicant be denied employment terms or conditions, or discriminated against on the basis of their race, creed or color, or gender. UCHealth will not discriminate against qualified applicants with disabilities as defined by the Americans with Disabilities act. They will also make reasonable accommodations if they don’t impose an undue hardship.
Job postings offer many benefits
- Insurance for medical expenses
- Vision insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Assistance with tuition
- Pension plan
- Insurance for the disabled
Post Title: UC Health Hiring Cook – Per Request Needed – Rotating in Colorado, USA
Posted Date: January 14, 2023
Author: Jobs in USA