Location: Tulsa Intl Apt (TUL-TRML)
Requisition ID 65375
Are you open to exploring a new world at work? Join the American Airlines family and you will travel the world, learn new skills, and be the best version you can be. You’ll face new challenges with grace and flexibility, learn new skills, and have the time of your lives as you embark on this new journey. You can enrich your personal and professional life by joining the train!
This job is why you will love it
Depending on the assignment, the work of the Cleaner classification may include:
- Cleans the airplane, engine, and/or accessory parts or assemblies using operations such as spraying, steaming and blasting.
- The exterior of the aircraft is cleaned by cleaning compound(s), polishing it, checking for worn or corroded spots and calling attention to his Crew Chief or supervisor.
- Uses the appropriate equipment to reach the surface. Polishes, cleans, and polishes automotive and ground equipment.
What you’ll do
- Cleans the equipment and work area, and informs the Crew Chief or Supervisor of any repairs needed.
- You may service your equipment to maintain it in top operating condition. Mix the cleaning solutions and compounds.
- Mix and store solutions; clean and/or set-up for use parts washing equipment. Cleans work area according to work assignment. Uses specialized cleaning products and materials.
- Hand tools, such as wrenches, screwdrivers and pliers, may be used. Uses cleaning materials like solvents, hot solutions and hot water as per his work assignment.
- Equipment used include an electric tank agitator and automatic parts washing machine. It also includes buckets, power hoists, manual hoists, flexible shaft buffer, racks, and other holding devices.
- Protective equipment like a respirator, mask, gloves and apron is used.
- Work according to FAA and Company regulations and procedures. Instructions from a Crew Chief/supervisor are also provided.
- Completes the forms related to his work assignments in accordance with established procedures.
- Other than the duties listed above, you may also be required to perform FOD walks or clean aircraft windshields.
Everything you need to succeed
Minimum Qualifications: Education and Prior Work Experience
- GED or high school diploma
- Valid driver’s licence as required by local authorities
- All required qualifying tests, including hazardous material handling, were passed with flying colors
- Ability to use respirator when performing the required tasks
- Rotating shifts are available, including weekends, holidays and days off
- In emergency situations or when it is operationally essential, you can work overtime
- Learn English Language fluently.
- Requirements for ground equipment operation to reach the aircraft
- Simple arithmetic: Addition and subtraction six-digit numbers
- You must have basic computer skills and knowledge.
- You must obtain appropriate security badges from the US Customs and/or airport authorities, if applicable
- To be eligible for unescorted access privileges at airport security identification display area (SIDA), you must pass a FAA criminal background check
- Regular and timely reporting of work
The candidate is responsible for all travel expenses to and from the interview as well as any relocation costs.
What You’ll Receive
Take advantage of everything American Airlines has to provide:
- Get Travel Perks: Are you ready to travel the world? Our global network allows you, your family, and your friends to reach 365 destinations via more than 6,800 daily flights.
- Health Benefits: From day one, you will have access to your prescription, health, and vision benefits. We also offer flexible spending accounts, virtual doctor visits and other benefits.
- Wellness Programs: Our wellness programs will help you be your best self.
- 401(k), Program: Employer contributions are available upon hire, and depending on your workgroup, after one year.
- Additional Benefits
American is your place to be you
American Airlines’ dynamic workforce is built on inclusion and diversity, from the people we hire to our customers. Our 20+ Employee Business Resources Groups help team members connect to customers, suppliers, communities, shareholders, and other stakeholders. They also assist team members in reaching their full potential, and create an inclusive workplace that meets and exceeds the needs of diverse cultures.
Do you want to feel great pride and satisfaction while helping to make the largest airline in the globe run smoothly? American is your place to be you.
Niveau of employment
Requisition ID 65375
Job postings offer many benefits
- Insurance for medical expenses
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
Post Title: Cleaner Job Vacancy In American Airlines At Oklahoma, USA
Posted Date: February 4, 2023
Author: Jobs in USA