Data Entry Clerk Job: As a Westpac Labs Data Entry Clerk, you will be responsible to collect and enter data into databases as well as maintaining accurate client/patient records. The successful Data Entry Clerk must have excellent typing skills, attention to detail, and familiarity with word processing software. They also need to be able to maintain an acceptable level of accuracy.
|Title||Data Entry Clerk|
|Hiring Organization||WestPac Labs, Inc.|
|Base Salary||$17 per hour|
Responsibilities for Data Entry Clerk Job
- Perform daily data entry for at least 200 laboratory requisitions into the LIS (to include client name, patient name, test results, date and time of collection physician and/or client information and/or birthday date).
- If you are assigned to work in a PSC, accession 115 per Day in the Atlas system.
- When processing is started, pull orders will be transferred from Atlas to the LIS System.
- As needed, perform all front desk duties.
- Protect protected health information confidentially and follow the Company Policy, Federal, State, HIPAA, CLIA, and CAP regulations.
- Enter the correct information of technologist and physician-reviewed results into the computer system within a 1% error margin.
- Enter the correct hold codes, correctly enter OB test code codes, follow Pecos policy to properly identify your insurance type (O C, M), use Laserfiche, and receive EMR orders.
- Correct Atlas orders must be reviewed and corrected.
- Enter correct stats, time sensitives, and send-outs.
- As needed, be required to call or fax the technologist/physician to discuss results.
- As required, be available to accept phone orders from clients.
- You will be able to answer the phone and use STAT connect. Send and pull orders from the Atlas system.
- Dispatch courier calls to clients and PSC pick-ups. Each call should be documented using a call log.
- You can work well both independently and in a team.
- Demonstrate superior judgment, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Respect clients, patients, coworkers, supervisors, and others at all times.
- Pass competency tests successfully.
- Respect departmental dress codes, grooming, and hygiene requirements.
- As applicable, participate in and support Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement efforts for the laboratory.
- This position, in addition to the employee’s normal schedule, may also require them to work overtime, split shifts, or holidays if required by the company.
- As needed, other duties might apply.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to read, write and speak English. You must be able to read and write.
- Ability to remember large amounts of information and multiple test codes.
- You must be able to multitask and can work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- You must be proficient in data entry and detail-oriented. Attention to detail.
- You should be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and multitask.
- You can budget your time and finish work assignments/tasks by a predetermined deadline.
- You must be able to work independently and have exceptional time management skills.
- You must be able to use computers, telephones, copiers, fax machines, and other electronic devices.
- Learn about administrative systems and procedures, such as word processing software and electronic file and record management.
Requirements for Education and Experience
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Type at least 45 words per hour (WPM).
- Experience in high-volume, fast-paced work environments.
Preferable Education and Experience
- Two (2) years of data entry experience or similar experience.
- Preferably, you have a completed bachelor or associate degree from an accredited college/university.
- Have Bilingual/Multilingual speaking abilities.
- If required to operate or drive a company vehicle, must comply with applicable company insurance guidelines. You must adhere to company driving policies.
- As needed, participate in occasional travel to meet with Division personnel, attend meetings or take part in educational training.
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 25 lbs.
- You should be able to reach, bend/stoop, kneel/crouch and push/pull.
- You should engage in moderate to regular computer work.
- Use fax and telephone moderately too often.
- Ability to respond appropriately and see, hear, speak, and hear.
Post Title: Data Entry Clerk Job Vacancy in California, USA
Posted Date: August 1, 2022
Author: Jobs in USA