Are you adept at translating complex technical and scientific ideas into clear and accurate documentation? Do you have great attention to detail? Do you have the technical aptitude to learn to use our computational fluid dynamics (CFD) software?
If so, you might be a great addition to the documentation team here at Convergent Science. Convergent Science is a rapidly growing computational fluid dynamics (CFD) company. Our flagship product, CONVERGE, is a state-of-the-art CFD software suite used by industry and research organizations around the world to simulate turbulent reacting flows in complex geometries. Convergent Science is headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, and has offices in the United States, Europe, and India.
Also Read: USA Or UAE – Work Culture And Comparison
Our documentation engineers create and edit a wide variety of documents, including training slides, case setup guides, blog posts, and validation documents. You will work closely with software developers, support engineers, and fellow documentation engineers to craft documentation that is accurate, clear, concise, and useful.
This job posting is for a full-time, in-person technical writing and documentation engineering position at our Madison, Wisconsin headquarters. Entry-level positions have the job title of “Engineer”, and higher-level positions have titles commensurate with experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a math-heavy STEM field (This position is often tailored to M.S. and Ph.D. levels of experience and subject matter expertise)
- Meticulous and efficient writing and editing skills
- Ability to learn to use our graphical user interface-based CFD software
- Ability to learn from subject matter experts about CFD-related topics
- Expertise in Google products (sheets, docs) and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Knowledge of and experience with CFD is a plus
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Possible annual bonus
- Paid holidays, paid time off
- Paid time off for company-approved volunteer activities
- 401k with employer match
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance and life insurance
Interested applicants should send the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications may not receive a response.
- Cover letter
- A revised version of the user manual excerpt (see below)
- Two samples of your technical writing
User manual excerpt (please revise for clarity and concision):
“In this present chapter, a description of the purpose of using the various liquid spray breakup modeling techniques now available in the current CONVERGE code to simulate the breakup of particles of a liquid nature in the domain can be found.”
Convergent Science, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a diverse team and to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe that diversity and inclusion make our company stronger and our software better. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Post Title: Documentation/Technical Writing Engineer Job Vacancy in Wisconsin
Posted Date: January 18, 2023
Author: USA Jobs