Jobs For Students – College – Intern – Part Time – USA | 2022
Jobs For Students – College – Intern We’re ALDI, one of America’s favorite grocers. We’ve grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it’s in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our District Manager Internship provides more real world experience than any other position out there. You’ll see our stores from the inside and work hands-on with district managers running multi-million dollar businesses. You will learn what makes us America’s fastest growing grocery retailer and why joining our team is the best opportunity in the country. Successful completion of this internship may lead select individuals to a full-time opportunity upon graduation.
Roles within this division cover these areas: Central & Southern Texas
Position Type: Full-Time
Starting Wage: $1,000/week for 10 weeks
Duties and Responsibilities Jobs For Students :
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Acquires knowledge from their trainer to gain a full understanding of the roles and importance of leading by building a culture of excellence.
• Shadows a store manager and/or manager trainee to learn the fundamental aspects of store operations, including preparing a presentation and a report on an operational area to be presented to ALDI executives.
• Learns aspects of the Customer Satisfaction Pyramid while conducting customer walks and participating in store tours.
• Learns and understands all relevant store operations policies and procedures.
• Assists trainer with all administrative tasks (i.e. payroll, sales book, memo verification, invoices), as well as hiring, including interviews and orientations.
• Assists with inventory, and participates in a store reset and a grand opening if possible.
• Takes initiative to create excellent store conditions and improve store associate performance and stock efficiency.
• Works closely with members of assigned team to develop subject matter knowledge.
• Attends company/department/team trainings and meetings as appropriate.
• Maintains a high level of professionalism by demonstrating excellent attendance, adhering to company guidelines, meeting objectives thoroughly and on time, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Performs within ALDI ACTS Competencies as outlined below.
Education and Experience:
• In current pursuit of Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Ability to develop rapport, trust and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of store personnel.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Ability to display initiative and a strong work ethic.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Acts as representation for others by executing delegated tasks.
• Ability to prioritize and work under strict deadlines.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Direct and coordinate activities involving sales of manufactured products, services, commodities, real estate or other subjects of sale.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service.
- Review operational records and reports to project sales and determine profitability.
- Oversee regional and local sales managers and their staffs.
- Determine price schedules and discount rates.
- Prepare budgets and approve budget expenditures.
- Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts.
- Plan and direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and service programs.
- Direct, coordinate, and review activities in sales and service accounting and record-keeping, and in receiving and shipping operations.
- Direct clerical staff to keep records of export correspondence, bid requests, and credit collections, and to maintain current information on tariffs, licenses, and restrictions.
- Advise dealers and distributors on policies and operating procedures to ensure functional effectiveness of business.
- Confer or consult with department heads to plan advertising services and to secure information on equipment and customer specifications.
- Represent company at trade association meetings to promote products.
- Confer with potential customers regarding equipment needs and advise customers on types of equipment to purchase.
- Assess marketing potential of new and existing store locations, considering statistics and expenditures.
- Visit franchised dealers to stimulate interest in establishment or expansion of leasing programs.
- Direct foreign sales and service outlets of an organization.
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Learning – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Learning Strategies – Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Monitoring – Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Social Perceptiveness – Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Coordination – Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Persuasion – Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Negotiation – Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Instructing – Teaching others how to do something.
- Service Orientation – Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Complex Problem Solving – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Systems Analysis – Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Systems Evaluation – Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Management of Personnel Resources – Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Administration and Management – Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Sales and Marketing – Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Personnel and Human Resources – Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Computers and Electronics – Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Mathematics – Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Education and Training – Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- English Language – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Communications and Media – Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
Benefits of Jobs For Students
- Health Insurance
- Vacation & Paid Time Off
- 401K Plan
- Employee Discount
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
Apply Jobs For Students
More Jobs students .
Post Title: Jobs For Students – College – Intern – Part Time – USA | 2022
Posted Date: February 3, 2022
Author: USA Jobs