Minnesota Children’s Association
Security Officer Job: Children’s Minnesota, one of the most comprehensive pediatric health systems in America, is the only Minnesota health system that provides care exclusively for children from birth to young adulthood. Children’s Minnesota, an independent, non-profit system, has been serving children in the Upper Midwest since 1924. It includes two hospitals, nine primary care clinics as well as multiple specialty clinics. There are also seven rehabilitation sites. Children’s Minnesota is frequently ranked as a top-rated children’s hospital by U.S. News & World Report. You can find us on Facebook @childrensMinnesota and on Twitter @childrensmn. ChildrensMN.org is a good place to start.
|Hiring Organization||Children’s Minnesota|
|Base Salary||$16 per hour|
Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota has been serving Minnesota’s children’s hospitals since 1924. They are the eighth-largest U.S. pediatric health care provider. Children’s offers care through more than 13,000 inpatient and 200,000 outpatient visits. Children’s is an independent, non-profit health care provider. It has 319 staffed hospitals and offers services in all major pediatric specialties, including emergency care, newborn and pediatric intensive care, outpatient and inpatient surgical services; radiology and laboratory services; special programs in the areas respiratory, cardiology. cancer, premature birth, adolescent developmental, child abuse and epilepsy. Children’s includes the St. Paul and Minneapolis Campuses as well as Children’s West in Minnetonka, which offers same-day surgery and diagnostic, rehabilitative and developmental outpatient services. Children’s also has Children’s – Roseville, an outpatient pediatric rehabilitation centre; and Children’s Clinics – Woodwinds, which are pediatric specialty clinics located at Woodwinds Health Campus.
The security officer is responsible for ensuring that the Children’s campus is safe and secure. The Security Officer will ensure a safe environment by patrolling the grounds, buildings and outlying buildings. The Security Officer will respond to any emergency or non-emergency calls in the order they are received, and in any order. The security officer’s primary role is to ensure a safe environment for all hospital staff, visitors, and patients.
Qualifications for Security Officer Job:
- You must have a valid driver’s license.
- You must be able pass background checks of both the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension and Department of Human Services.
- You must be able prepare written and verbal reports.
- You must have good writing, verbal and computer skills.
- Within 30 days of hiring, must complete and pass force training.
- Within 90 days of hiring, must complete and pass Basic life Support (BLS), and Automatic External Defibrillator(AED) training.
- You must be able and able wear respirator protection (N95, full-face respirator, and PAPR), and be fit to take a respirator physical.
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Preferably, Bachelor’s and Associate’s Degrees in Law Enforcement, Criminal Justice or Business.
- Experience in responding to and intervening during emergencies such as crisis de-escalation and intervention, detention of suspects, reporting on incidents and investigating them is preferred.
- Experience in security or law enforcement is preferred.
- Experience in Emergency Operations Center preferred.
- Experience and knowledge in healthcare preferred.
- POST skills, International Association of Hospital Safety and Security (Basic), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or OSHA first responseer certifications preferred.
- Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified Protection Professional (CPP), Certified Forensic Interviewer CFI, Certified Forensic Interviewer CFI, Certified Forensic Interviewer CFI, Certified Forensic Interviewer CFI), Certified Forensic Interviewer CFI (CFI), Certified Forensic Interviewer CFI), Certified Forensic Interviewer CFI (CFI), Certified Physical Security Professional (PSP), Professional Certified Inspector (PCI), all plus
- It is essential to have excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Effective communication with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to remember information and directions and communicate effectively with others.
- Understanding of many policies, procedures, and concepts. Ability to use discretionary and interpretive judgment to make decisions based on specific and general policies.
- Ability to keep accurate records.
- Customer service orientation is essential.
- Preferential knowledge of verbal and physically de-escalation, force continuum, and arrest laws.
- Ability to climb and walk.
- Able to stand and walk for long periods.
- Ability to work outdoors in severe weather conditions
- Accuracy in seeing and hearing accurately, daytime and nighttime.
- Skill in operating portable radio devices.
- Capability to identify irregularities such as security breaches, safety hazards, and emergency situations.
- Effectively contacts and interacts as needed with emergency responders such as fire and police.
- Ability to subdue or restrain an individual.
- Respect confidentiality in all aspects.
Security Job Physical Needs
Click here to see the Physical Demands
All job offers to depend on the successful completion of an occupational assessment, drug screening, background investigation, as well as compliance with U.S. Government Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification. Children’s Minnesota requires proof that they have received COVID-19 vaccination. As recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, children must also be able to prove their immunity to vaccine-preventable infectious diseases.
Post Title: Security Job Vacancy in Minnesota USA
Posted Date: July 14, 2022
Author: Jobs in USA