About the job
Type: Reduced time, Full-time
Pay Rate As high as $17
Amazon Fulfillment Center Warehouse Associate
Overview of the Job
As part of the Amazon warehouse team, you’ll get orders ready for customers who rely on Amazon services. You will be working in fast-paced physical roles that include customer returns, merch, making on-demand, Prime Now, fulfillment, and merch. In some cases, you will be packing and shipping orders for our super-fast (2 hours or less) delivery service.
Duties and Responsibilities
You may be able to include some of your duties
- Receive and place inventory
- Pack up customer orders and get them ready
- For shipment, load boxes onto trucks
- Scan products with scanners to read the bar codes
- Follow the instructions for some tasks by following the prompts displayed on the screens
- Make sure the product meets quality standards
- You can operate industrial power trucks (PIT), such as a forklift or pallet drivers, at heights of up to 35 feet. Training and certification in equipment are free.
Also, you’ll need to be able:
- Lift up to 49 Pounds
- Utility carts that can push up to 60 lbs
- Stand, walk, push and pull, squat or bend during shifts
- To move things around, you can use carts, dollies and hand trucks.
- If applicable, go up and down stairs
- If applicable, work at 40 feet or more on a mezzanine.
- Respect safety, quality, as well as fulfillment of production standards
Amazon Fulfillment Center: What it’s like
- Safety. We care about your safety so we offer protective gear. Every team shares safety tips every day.
- Surroundings. Moving machines will be used – order pickers and stand-up forklifts as well as mobile carts and turret trucks.
- Activity. Activities may include standing for extended periods of time, moving around, or climbing stairs.
- Temperature. Temperature.
- Noise level. Sometimes it can be quite loud. If you require hearing protection, we can provide it.
- Code of dress The dress code is relaxed, but there are some safety rules. In select business units, safety footwear is required. Comfortable, closed-toe shoes and footwear with a protective sole are necessary. Amazon offers a $110 Zappos coupon code to help you purchase shoes for your first day of work, depending on your position or location.
This Job is a Great Choice
- Keep busy. Your team and you are fully engaged throughout the shift.
- Flexibility in scheduling. Schedule flexibility is available depending on your location. You can choose to work full-time (40-36 hours), reduced-time (30-30 hours), or part-time (20 or fewer hours). All schedules are flexible and allow you to add hours as needed. Find out more about our programs.
- Shift options. You can work when it suits you. Shifts can include night shifts, overnight, morning, afternoon, evening, weekend, or both. There are also options for four-day workweeks or three-day weekends. Learn more about our shifts.
- Anytime Pay. For select employees, you can cash out up to 70% of your earnings instantly after your shift. Learn more about AnytimePay
- Career advancement. We pledge to develop our employees. We offer a range of training and development programs for free. Additionally, we have tuition support options available for selected employee groups. Discover where your Amazon journey will take you.
- New skills. You will learn, depending on your role and where you are located, how to operate garment presses and high-capacity printers, a t-shirt folding machine, and how to assist in the printing process.
- Training is free. We will teach you, depending on your role and whereabouts, how to drive power industrial trucks, such as pallet drivers or forklifts, and how to print.
- Team environment. You can work in small or large groups that support one another.
Amazon: Why You Will Love It
Many of our jobs offer great benefits, including healthcare, parental leave and ways to save for your future. There are also opportunities for career progression. All this in a safe, inclusive environment that has been ranked as one of the top workplaces in the country. Some benefits are specific to the job, work schedule, or location and may include the following:
- Weekly competitive wage, plus overtime for over 40 hours
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Medical Advice Line
- Network of Support (health and well-being at work and on the job)
- Adoption Assistance
- Maternity and parental leave
- Savings plan for 401(k).
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Opportunities for holiday pay
- Employee discounts
- Basic life insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Companies-paid short-term and long-term disability
- Skills development and training on-the-job
- Employee Assistance Program
Learn more about Amazon’s Culture and Benefits.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old and able to comprehend and follow all safety and job requirements.
How to Get Started
Start by applying below. If you need help with your application or to learn more about our hiring process, you can find support here: https://hiring.amazon.com/hiring-process# /.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation during the application and hiring process, including support for the New Hire Event, or need to initiate a request prior to starting your Day 1, please visit https://hiring.amazon.com/people-with-disabilities#/ or contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT). We can be reached by phone at (888) 435-9287 Monday through Friday between 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. PST.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Amazon is an equal-opportunity employer. It does not discriminate based on race, nationality, gender, gender identification, protected veteran status, or age.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Warehouse worker, Goodyear, AZ – 85395
Job postings offer many benefits
Post Title: Amazon Picker Job Vacancy In Arizona, USA
Posted Date: March 18, 2023
Author: Jobs in USA