$25,000 SIGN ON BONUS
You may be eligible for relocation assistance up to $5,000.00 For more information, please contact AskHR@Virginia.edu
This position is eligible for the UVA Medical Center Clinical Ladder. This job posting reflects a RN Clinician salary range. For more information, see below.
A highly capable, flexible clinician who thrives on the challenge of caring inpatient acute care units for patients with a wide range of specialties. Establishes trust to build relationships and respect the time it takes to provide effective patient care. You must be able demonstrate autonomy and support a team.
This position is dependent on the unit’s greatest need, which currently falls on night shift.
To support long-term staffing requirements, this position is able to float to the units below. This position will allow you to travel as a nurse while still maintaining a balance in your life at home.
3E- Palliative/Geriatric Care
4E- Acute Cardiacology
4C- Solid Organ Transplant
4W- Thoracic Cardiovascular
5C- Digestive Health
5W- Surgical Subspecialties
6E- Orthopedics & Trauma
6C- Neurology, Epilepsy, & Stroke
COVID Acute Care Unit
Sign up Bonus RN, Registered Nurse Adult Acute Care Float pool – Full-Time Days $25,000
This job description combines the ANA 2015 Nursing Scope and Standards of Practice Third Edition, the ANA Code of Ethics and Interpretive Statements for Nurses (ANA 2015), and the UVA Nursing Professional Practice Model.
ANA Scope and Standards of Practice Definition Of Nursing
Nursing is the promotion and protection of health and ability, the prevention of illness or injury, facilitation and relief of suffering, diagnosis and treatment for human response and advocacy in the care and advocacy of individuals, families and groups.
- Relationship-based care reflects the impact of nurses’ relationships with patients, family members, and colleagues on patient experiences.
- Expert Care includes clinical assessment, planning and prioritizing care, coordination, and implementation.
- Empowered leaders are able to share their knowledge and take part in the governance process.
- The Lifelong Learners program focuses on professional development via formal education, professional certification and learning opportunities. It also recognizes the importance of professional associations. Assists in the onboarding of new members and precepts, as applicable.
- Quality Achievement is the ability to adhere to guidelines for clinical documentation, comprehend outcomes data, engage in performance improvement activities, and commit to standard work.
- Innovation can be demonstrated through the application of technologies that support patient-care, actively seeking out evidence-based practice and new knowledge from nursing research.
- Other duties could be added to the job responsibilities.
Position Compensation: $30.65 to $50.57 per Hour
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS Sign up Bonus RN, Registered Nurse Adult Acute Care Float pool – Full-Time Days $25,000
Education: A graduate of an accredited nursing program is required.
Experience: One year of relevant experience.
Licensure: Registered nurse licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia. American Heart Association (AHA), Health Care Provider BLS certification is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS RN, Registered Nurse Adult Acute Care Float pool – Full-Time Days $25,000 Sign up Bonus
Standing for long periods of time, walking and bending/stooping are required. Communication, auditory, and visual skills are essential; Attention to detail is a must; Ability to lift/push/pull between 20 and 50lbs. Exposure to chemicals, blood/body fluids, and infectious diseases may occur.
This opportunity will support long-term needs in the University of Virginia Medical Center’s adult acute care units.
- base rate + $5.00 incentive + shift differential
- Complete benefit package that includes education assistance.
This position is eligible for the UVA Medical Center Clinical Ladder. This job posting reflects the salary range for an RN Clinician. If you are promoted to a higher position on the Clinical Ladder, additional compensation may be available. Candidates hired as Clinician 3 and Clinician 4 need to have a Bachelor’s in Nursing degree and a specialty certificate from a national certification organization. They also must meet the Career Ladder requirements. During the recruitment process, the placement on the clinical ladder is discussed. If applicable, the hiring manager will review the level of current team members who are RN Clinician 3-4 and want to transfer to another department.
- Paid time off, sick time
- Tuition reimbursement, a
- 401k/403B with matching money
- Short term/long term care insurance
- Benefit Savings Accounts
- Dependent Care and Benefits for Community Employees
- Career Advancement Opportunities
Virginians can transform their health and inspire hope for the future.
To be the nation’s premier public academic health system, best place to work, while improving patient care, research, education and engagement with the diverse communities that we serve.
EOE Equal Opportunity Employer
The University of Virginia is committed towards equal employment opportunity and affirmative actions. UVA’s programs, procedures, and practices are administered without regard to gender identity, age, color or disability, marital status or national or ethnic origin. It also operates affirmative action programs in accordance with the Board of Visitors resolutions and federal and state requirements.
Guidelines and COVID Vaccination Requirements
For current information about vaccination requirements and guidelines, please visit the UVA COVID-19 Employment Requirements & Guidelines webpage before you apply.
University of Virginia The UVA Health System includes the UVA Medical Center and Schools of Medicine and Nursing, the UVA Physician’s Group, and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library. We are committed to diversity in our faculty and staff. Diversity is excellence that comes through the perspectives and lived experiences of every individual. We are an equal opportunity employer and affirmative-action employers. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of their age, color, disability or gender identity or expression.
Job postings offer many benefits
- Insurance for medical expenses
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Assistance with tuition
Post Title: Job Vacancy In Virginia: Registered Nurse – Adult Acute Care Float Pool – Full Time Days $25,000 Sign on Bonus
Posted Date: February 9, 2023
Author: Jobs in USA