Lifeguard Job: Lifeguards and swim instructors ensure safety for all guests at The Plunge San Diego. Lifeguards and swim instructors are expected to deliver exceptional guest service and maintain a professional demeanor. You may need to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays, and early mornings. The employment includes a wristband that allows you to access Belmont Park, as well as a Fit Athletic membership.
|Hiring Organization||Plunge San Diego|
|Base Salary||$16 an hour|
Qualifications and Education for Lifeguard Job
Must be at least 16 years old with a valid USA work permit and a valid American Red Cross Lifeguard certification or equivalent. After being hired, applicants can receive training at the Plunge.
Training in lifeguarding must include CPR/AED, First Aid, and lifeguarding skills to a minimum of six feet. Experience in lifeguarding and teaching swimming is preferred but not essential. You must be able to follow written and verbal instructions, communicate with guests effectively, and work in a team or independently.
Essential Functions/Job Duties for Lifeguard Job
- Ensure safety for all guests by enforcing safety rules.
- Every shift, be ready to respond to emergency situations.
- Ensure the safety of guests and swimmers during special events and operational hours.
- Swim Monkey Curriculum is used to teach swimming lessons and skill tracking.
- Be able to help guests and have a basic knowledge of the equipment.
- Management staff should be notified and assisted if unsafe or unsanitary conditions are encountered.
- Provide outstanding guest service and interact with guests in a professional manner
- Assist with the cleanliness of all areas.
- Participate in required training sessions in-service and keep test-ready skills at any time
- Check-in your guests and make sure they have paid for admission.
- Demonstrate high integrity and cash handling skills.
- Protect and maintain confidentiality for employees, company and guests.
- At the appointed time, report to work.
- You must be trustworthy, honest, and willing to help coworkers.
- Able to understand and use the Point of Sale (POS) and Software systems.
- Respect all policies and procedures of the company as set forth in the Employee Handbook or Department Manual.
- Assist colleagues and Management with any other duties that may be necessary.
- Ability to stand/walk for up to eight hours
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to move machinery or chemicals, including pushing, pulling, stooping, shoving and bending.
- You may need to be able to work outside in order to deal with extreme weather conditions like rain, cold temperatures, and direct sunlight.
- Ability to work in noisy environments
- Meet the requirements for lifeguarding. Can swim 100 yards or 300 yards without using hands. Can retrieve a 10-pound brick from six feet of water.
- Ability to see and hear all parts of the pool.
- Able to climb stairs.
Post Title: Lifeguard Job Vacancy in California, United States
Posted Date: August 4, 2022
Author: Jobs in USA