Los Angeles Zoo Job: The Special Events Assistant supports the Special Events staff full-time in organizing various events and performing administrative and clerical duties as needed for Department staff. The Special Events Assistant’s role is to support all Department members involved in leading events. The special events assistant is responsible for many tasks that are related to the execution and planning of special events.
These assistants often work closely with event planners, producers and designers to ensure everything runs smoothly on the big day. They may manage guest lists and seating arrangements, as well as sourcing supplies and vendors. They might also be responsible to oversee cleanup and setup before and after the event.
Events assistants perform the tasks and responsibilities of an event host or planner. You could be responsible for ordering catering, decorating the event space, testing microphones and lighting, as well as running general errands that will assist the event planner and the other members of their team.
|Hiring Organization||Los Angeles Zoo|
|Name||Special Events Assistant|
|Working Hours||8 hours|
|Salary||USD 4500 to USD 4900 per Month|
|Location||Los Angeles, California, United States 90027|
GLAZA, a private nonprofit organization that raised funds for the Zoo, was founded in 1995. GLAZA supports the Zoo through membership, fundraising, public relations, special events, travel programs, award-winning publications, and administration of concessions for visitors.
Los Angeles Zoo will use its diverse resources to become an innovator in the global zoo industry, creating dynamic experiences that connect people and animals. The Los Angeles Zoo is here to serve the community. It will provide a place for recreation and discovery, inspire appreciation through education and exhibitry; support programs that conserve biodiversity and preserve the natural habitat; and ensure the highest standards of animal welfare.
Responsibilities for Los Angeles Zoo Job
- Assists with the largest annual fundraising events, the Beastly Ball or the Walk for the Wild. Provides administrative and logistical support.
- Assists with Marketing & PR, Sponsorship events and press events.
- Participates in the maintenance of department databases, vendor lists and entertainment resources. This information is important for event planning.
- Assists in the creation and distribution of activities and request forms for events.
- Assists in the creation of a master rental list, delivery, set up, and tear down schedules for events.
- Assists department staff in implementing entertainment programs for events. Coordinates audio-visual and staging requirements.
- Assists Department staff in data entry to ensure accurate accounting for budgets and revenue. Assists in the tracking of police, fire, liquor, and insurance.
- Backup paperwork is created and stored for events.
- As needed, performs other duties.
Skills and Requirements for Los Angeles Zoo Job
- Demonstrates the ability to use different types of office equipment such as copies, fax machines and printers.
- Ability to monitor and understand event budgets. Also, able to track expenses, invoices, and payments.
- Demonstrates the ability to write letters that are correctly formatted and grammatically correct.
- Demonstrates listening skills, the ability to convey sensitivity and awareness, as well as the ability to keep confidential materials.
- Demonstrates the ability to work under pressure, and within time constraints, while still remaining calm and keeping a sense of humor. Able to manage multiple tasks and provide effective follow-through
- To produce large quantities of correspondence, it is possible to use the mail merge function.
- Demonstrates communication skills both verbal and written.
- Demonstrates flexibility to work irregular hours, including weekends, early or late.
- Demonstrates the ability to lift 40 pounds using safe safety techniques
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to cover Zoo grounds daily.
- A valid Class C Driver’s License is required. You must also have a good driving record. You may run errands in connection with Special Events.
- Maintaining employee benefits records
- Assistance with benefits enrollments, cancellations and claims.
- Coordination of benefits contributions and payroll
- Advise employees about the benefits programs offered by the company.
- Resolving employee queries.
Post Title: Los Angeles Zoo Job Vacancy | Jobs in California, USA
Posted Date: July 20, 2022
Author: Jobs in USA