Description of the Unit
Are you tired of late nights? weekends? Sodexo, Northwest University is seeking Prep Cooks. Shifts are available for breakfast/lunch/dinner or any combination. We can work around your schedule. We work Monday through Friday, with weekends off. This position can offer a great opportunity to advance your career as a leader in the industry and join a professional team that makes a difference every day. The ideal candidate must be able work independently, meet deadlines and be self-motivated. There are great benefits, including vision, medical, and dental insurance that you can start with the first day. A $250.00 sign-on bonus and many other benefits are available.
Summary of Position
As a Cook, I will prepare, portion, cook and present hot and cold food items for different meal times, including breakfast, lunch, dinner, and special/catered events. These are the general responsibilities for the position. However, Sodexo may also identify additional responsibilities. These responsibilities can vary between accounts depending on client needs and business requirements.
- Cooks food that requires little preparation.
- You may prepare and serve food to customers as an a-la carte.
- To ensure that high-quality food is served, prepares food according to current federal, state, and corporate guidelines, guidelines, and regulations.
- Receives verbal or written instructions from patrons on the food they want and prepares and cooks it according to their instructions.
- Customers are provided with the best service possible at all times.
- Follows basic instructions and/or product directions to prepare, season, cook, taste, carve, and serve soups, meats and vegetables in restaurants.
- Under direct supervision, prepares food by using a variety kitchen equipment to measure, mix, cut and shred fruits and vegetables, trim and cut meat, poultry, or fish for culinary purposes.
- Tastes products, reviews menus, estimates food needs, inspects production and keeps records to help plan production and requisition equipment and supplies.
- You may clean and sanitize equipment and workstations.
- Participates in all foodborne illness and allergy training.
- Conforms to all Sodexo HACCP policy and procedures
- Notifies all injuries and accidents promptly
- All company safety and risk management policies are followed.
- Participates in safety meetings, safety training, and hazard assessments.
- Assigned to attend training programs (classroom or virtual).
- You may be asked to receive inventory, transport and lift food and supplies, and prepare meals for special diets.
- Some batch goods may be produced using basic cooking techniques.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be performed as required.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Willingness to learn and grow.
- Mental maturity in judgment and behavior
- High standards in appearance and work areas.
- Keep a positive outlook
- Flexible work hours are a plus.
- All dress codes must be observed
- Attends work on time and shows up to scheduled shifts with satisfactory regularity.
- GED or equivalent, High School Diploma
- Experience in related work is required.
- Preferential knowledge of cash-handling and basic equipment operation.
- Represents oneself professionally to others. Understands the importance of honesty and integrity.
- Positivity to keep a positive outlook
- Communication skills with colleagues and other departments.
- Establishes professional relationships with coworkers, vendors, managers, supervisors, clients, and other representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Excellent working knowledge in food preparation.
- You must be familiar with kitchen equipment.
- You must be able read and follow a recipe without supervision.
- You can adjust your focus with or without corrective glasses, and you will be able to see close, distant, and peripheral vision.
- Walking or other forms of mobility that are significant.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time (upto 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend and stoop to push or pull and lift up to 35 lbs.
Working Conditions (may include additional conditions specific for a particular work location)
- Most often, in an indoor setting. However, you may be responsible for overseeing outside activities or events.
- Variable schedules to accommodate evenings, holidays and weekends, as well as extended hours, as required by business.
- The employee performs the job in a controlled environment. However, they may be exposed to heat or cold during outside activities.
- Noise levels in the workplace are usually moderate to high.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.Benefits eligibilitySodexo offers full-time benefits. We believe that every employee should be able to do their best. We offer benefits programs to support a healthy lifestyle, including vision and health insurance, as part of our overall rewards. All eligible employees are eligible to enroll in their benefits. They will become effective on their first day at Sodexo. Other benefits include paid time off, savings and financial programs as well as access to the employee assistance program.
Job postings offer many benefits
- Insurance for medical expenses
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
Post Title: Prep Cook $23 – $25 Job Vacancy In Washington, USA
Posted Date: February 5, 2023
Author: Jobs in USA