These positions are located in three Wisconsin Area Offices for USDA, Rural Development (RD). Work will be located in one of the locations listed below. This is not a remote position.
- Open & closing dates: 01/03/2023 to 01/17/2023
- Salary: $40,262 – $58,158 per year
- Pay scale & grade: GS 6 – 7
- Locations: 3 vacancies in the following areas:
- Fond Du Lac, WI
- Menomonie, WI
- Spooner, WI
- Travel Required: Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.
- Appointment type: Permanent
- Work schedule: Full-time
- Information and technical support for various loan, grant, and loan guarantee programs offered by RD.
- The incumbent initiates and prepares all correspondence.
- Exercise discretion when releasing information or recognizing matters requiring Loan Specialists’ attention.
- When necessary, makes underwriting recommendations to the Loan Specialist.
- Customers are given information about the programs and they can be reached for technical questions from either internal or external customers.
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a US Citizen or US National
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of a background investigation and/or fingerprint check
- Successful completion of the one-year probationary period, unless previously served.
- Direct Deposit – Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit E-Verify at https://www.e-verify.gov/
All applicants must meet the eligibility and qualifications requirements before the closing date for the announcement, including time-in-grade restrictions, specialized experiences, and/or education.
Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized work equivalent to the GS05 or the non-Federal equivalent. This includes the ability to use technical clerical support to resolve a variety of non-recurring problems. You may have had experience in similar work to examine program applications for completeness, discrepancies, and meeting eligibility requirements. Education cannot be substituted for experience at the GS06 level.
Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized work equivalent to GS-06 or the non-Federal equivalent. This experience should demonstrate evaluative judgment within well-defined, frequently occurring aspects of more than one type of functional specialization, such as processing transactions for different credit programs, commercial, or real estate loans, or any other unrelated credit programs. Different rules, regulations, and procedures are used in assignments. This knowledge is often gained through extensive, difficult, and sometimes painful, practical experience with the programs being worked. You may have gained experiences in similar work, such as analyzing reports from different branches or work units and preparing division-wide assessments with written presentations of findings and forecasts. Experience at the GS-7 level is not a substitute for education.
NOTE: You must meet the qualification and eligibility requirements of the GS-1101 series as outlined in the Office of Personnel Management’s (OPM) Qualification Standards before the closing date. A copy is available at: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standardsExperience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social).
This job doesn’t require any educational qualifications.
Career Transition Assistance Plan, Reemployment Priority List, (RPL), and Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan, (ICTAP): For information about how to apply for a CTAP, RPL, or ICTAP-eligible, visit the OPM webpage. Candidates for the CTAP/RPL/ICTAP vacancy must meet all criteria and basic eligibility requirements. CTAP/ICTAP applicants must be assessed and determined to be highly qualified (or higher) using the competencies described in the How you Will Be Evaluated section. CTAP/ICTAP applicants should receive a minimum 85 rating out of 100 when rated using a score-based rating system.
The new hire must be approved to join the company after the results of the fingerprint and OF-306 Declaration for Federal Employment (eQIP) checks have been completed. As part of the background investigation, this position requires that you have a positive credit score.
Individuals with disabilities that require an alternative method of communication (Braille or large print, audiotape, etc.) should contact USDA’s TARGET Center at 202720-2600 (voice/TD).
If you are chosen for a job with potential promotion, you will be put under a career plan. You may also be promoted non-competitively if you meet the requirements and if management recommends it. Promotion is not guaranteed or implied.
To complete your application package, you will need the following documents. Our office is not responsible for incompatible software or system failures. Unencrypted documents cannot be accepted. Failure to submit the required documents in legible format may lead to loss of consideration.
- Resume. This includes:1) contact information, name, address, and email information; 2) education information; 3) work experience relevant to the position described in the major duties ( month/year); title (if applicable); 4) Other qualifications.
- You must submit a DD214 Certificate of Release from Active duty, showing dates of service and discharge under honorable conditions, if you are claiming veteran’s preferred. You must submit a certificate of expected discharge from active duty or release from active service under honorable circumstances if you are currently on active duty. This certification must be submitted no later than 120 days following the date the certification was received. Before the appointment, you must verify that the Veteran’s preference has been confirmed. You will not be eligible for veteran’s preference if you do not have the documentation. Your application will only be considered based on what was submitted.
- You must submit the DD214, certification requirements (see bullet above), and proof of entitlement to the 10-point veterans’ preference. While the SF-15 is required, it should be included. Insufficient documentation could lead to your claim for 10-point preference being denied. Failure to provide these documents could result. For more information about veterans’ preferences, visit FEDSHIREVETS
- Oversold or displaced employees who are eligible for CTAP, RPL, or ICTAP priority must submit: proof of eligibility (RIF Separation Notice, Notice of Proposed Removal for Declining a Transfer of Function or Directed Reassignment, Notice of Disability Annuity Termination), SF-50 documenting separation (if applicable), and your most recent SF-50 indicating your position, grade level, and duty location.
How to Apply
Before you start, please read the entire announcement. This application must be completed and all documents submitted electronically by 11:59 PM Eastern Time (ET), on the closing date.
It is strongly encouraged to apply online. You can reach us during normal business hours, which are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. For an alternative method, contact the Agency Contact listed below if applying online is difficult. To be entered into the system, all hardship applications must be completed and submitted by noon ET on the closing date.
This agency offers reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Contact the Agency Contact to inquire.
Click “Apply Online” to begin. Follow the instructions to complete the Assessment Questionnaire. Attach your resume and any other required documents.
NOTE: It is important to verify that documents uploaded from USAJOBs are transferred into the Agency’s personnel system. There is a limit on the number of documents that can transfer. You will be able to upload additional documents once you are in the Agency’s personnel system. Uploading resumes should not exceed 5MB in size and must be in one of these formats: GIF or JPG. You cannot view Adobe Portfolio documents.
Post Title: USA Government Recruitment – Loan Technician
Posted Date: January 6, 2023
Author: USA Jobs