The Finance Assistant assists the finance team in accurately controlling and managing the implementation of accounting systems with a primary focus on supporting the Atlanta, Miami, and Tallahassee offices.
Full Job Description
Requisition ID: req31787
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Tallahassee, FL USA
Job Overview: The Finance Assistant provides internal stakeholders and donors, grantors, creditors, and other external stakeholders with timely, accurate and understandable financial information and reports.
Preference is for this position to be based in the Tallahassee office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist finance team in ensuring office compliance with IRC’s accounting policies vis-à-vis fund accounting as noted in IRC’s finance manual and generally accepted accounting principles
- Review accounting transactions to ensure proper coding and record transactions within IRC’s accounting software
- Prepare, review, and approve journal entries/invoice journals in Integra (Microsoft Dynamics 365), including staff expense management reports and reimbursements
- Review and approve requests to load client Bank of America prepaid cards
- Print and distribute checks
- Void and/or reclass transactions and invoice journals
- Assist in preparing monthly financial reports
- Support external and internal audits as needed; assist in preparing materials requested by external auditors
- Prepare monthly staff Time and Effort reports for staff signature
- Load, revise and maintain program budgets into Integra (Microsoft Dynamics 365)
- Assist with monthly bank reconciliation
- Prepare and submit deposit and customer payment journals
- Assist the finance team in providing clear and transparent guidance to programs on their respective projects, grants and contracts
- Effectively communicate financial topics and facilitate discussions with non-finance staff
- Assist the finance team in providing finance and accounting-specific training for staff
- Support the finance team in the protection of the organization’s assets by implementing IRC’s Internal Control procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Education/Work Experience: Two (2) years of post-secondary education and/or two (2) years of experience working in accounting, finance, bookkeeping, or administrative support, preferably in a non-profit setting
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
- Strong commitment to ensuring the success of the IRC mission while adhering to the values of service, accountability, integrity, and equality as defined in the IRC Way
- Solid computer-based accounting skills, including spreadsheets and other financial related software programs
- Proficient in general office software programs like MS Word, Excel, email, and internet
- Proven ability to work as a team member in a cross-cultural environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability to effectively work with remote teams through telephone, email, videoconference, and other methods of correspondence
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
Working Environment: Standard office work environment.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
Post Title: Finance Assistant Job Vacancy in Florida
Posted Date: September 26, 2022
Author: USA Jobs