- Customers should be treated with respect and efficiency. Never sign off the register while a customer is waiting. Wait until someone comes to your aid.
- According to company policy and store productivity standards, scan and ring orders. All items must be credited to the appropriate department.
- All funds received for transactions must be paid back to the bank.
- Assist the courtesy clerk with bagging groceries.
- Maintain a neat work area and workstation.
- Follow all laws governing wine and beer sales in your state.
- Follow all federal laws pertaining to WIC handling.
- Follow all procedures for handling coupons.
- Follow the company’s tendering and check cashing procedures.
- Follow the policies and procedures regarding Debit Cards/Credit Cards/Gift Cards/EBT Cash/EBT food stamp transactions.
- For proper use of the assigned tills, follow company policy.
- Get weekly produce testing.
- Responsible to ensure that all items not on the file are recorded and submitted daily.
- For change to be granted, follow the proper procedures.
- Intercom usage should be done correctly
- When you are checking out an order, don’t engage in conversation with another associate.
- Be able to understand and explain the ValuCard program.
- Assist with light stocking duties, such as cigarettes and candy
- Front end sweep.
- Place misplaced items in the correct place
- Make sure bathrooms are clean and tidy.
- As needed, other duties may be assigned. Food City offers many benefits including a 401(k), company match, weekly paychecks with direct deposit, employee stock ownership plan, company-paid life, and disability insurance, a medical plan with wellness benefits, a dental plan, paid holidays, vacations, associate offers, and more. Food City is a family-owned, privately held company. Our mission is to be the “best store in town.” We encourage associates to get involved in their local civic groups. Our greatest asset is our associates. Our employee stock ownership plan allows us to own over 13% of our company. This encourages great pride in our products and services. Food City offers a rewarding career opportunity, no matter what your passions are in accounting, baking, or trucking. Flexible schedules are offered to allow associates time with their families and friends. You can find a rewarding career and the chance to do something new by becoming part of the Food City Family.
Job postings offer many benefits
- Insurance for the disabled
Post Title: Food City In Tennessee Hiring Cashier – Student
Posted Date: February 20, 2023
Author: Jobs in USA