Gurwin Jewish Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, a renowned Long Island healthcare provider, offers a complete continuum of services. The Nursing & Rehabilitation Center has 460 beds and provides services such as short-term rehabilitation, long-term skilled nursing, home care programs, and an adult day program. It also offers ventilator-dependent care, palliative, hospice, and dialysis. The Gurwin Family of Services includes the Gurwin Jewish Fay J. Lindner assisted-living community and Fountaingate Gardens independent living community.
This innovative facility provides opportunities to grow your career. We are looking for a part-time employee to work as a Medical Records Coder/Technician or as an assistant in the Medical Department, which assists with medical credentialing and clerical work.
- High School Diploma, AAS Health Information Technology (RHIA, RHIT), CCA or CCS preferred
- ICD-10-CM is preferred for medical terminology, anatomy & physiology.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in the Medical Records Department. Preferably, Coding experience in SNF
- The ICD-10-CM Coding Systems
- Preferential knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and State Regulations
- Computer applications knowledge
- Excellent communication skills and customer service skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Examine the relevant clinical documents and assign the appropriate ICD-10 CM codes as required.
- Responsible for analyzing and assigning appropriate ICD-10 CM codes on the Cumulative Diagnosis/Problem Record for all discharged and active residents.
- Capable of analyzing the contents of clinical records in order to complete them.
- On request, you can file and retrieve your discharged medical records.
- Inform the attending physician about any issues with coding.
- As required, can enter ICD-10CM data into a computer terminal in order to bill, update the master file or diagnose.
- Requests for medical information regarding new admissions or requests for residents’ records from community doctors or prior hospitalizations are processed.
- Requests for medical information from other sources (i.e. residents, doctors, hospitals, attorneys, etc.) are processed. While securing the appropriate authorizations for information release.
- As directed by the Administrator, completes special projects or audits.
We offer a competitive salary, a dynamic work environment, and comprehensive benefits.
Post Title: Medical Records Technician Job Vacancy In New York, USA
Posted Date: February 2, 2023
Author: Jobs in USA