This position qualifies for a $3,000 bonus in recruitment
Iowa Corrections System has made significant progress in implementing evidence-based practices across the system that have been proven to decrease victimization, reduce recidivism, and improve community safety.
We are nationally recognized as a leader in the implementation of evidence-based corrections practices and innovation. We are at the forefront of innovation, practice, and commitment to being the best corrections system in America.
To achieve our strategic goals and mission, we will implement policies and practices that are supported by research. We will ensure system-wide change over time through leadership and data-driven decision-making, input from and investment into staff, collaboration with other state agencies, and partnership with community partners.
Iowa Medical and Classification Center is a multi-faceted correctional facility that acts as the Iowa Department of Corrections male reception center. It also houses a forensic psychiatric unit, short-term ambulatory/long ambulatory (STA/LTA), a special need unit, and a hospice unit. The IMCC’s operation is largely supported by correctional officers who provide security and safety to both the prison population as well as staff. It is possible that new hires will be scheduled for the 2nd or 3rd shift, weekends, and holidays after training.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
Graduation from high school, GED or equivalent.
Click here for more information Link to see the job description.
Additional Qualification Requirements
All applicants must pass the following tests:
- Psychological tests
- Background investigation.
- An institutional physician will conduct a post-offer health screening.
- A urinalysis screening for drugs.
- All training for new employees during the probationary period. This includes local orientation, new employee orientation, and emergency preparedness training.
- Designated jobs in this job category require that applicants obtain a Commercial Driver’s License as well as endorsements within the specified time period, which is determined by the appointing authority at the time of hire.
Post Title: State of Iowa – Executive Branch Hiring Correctional Officer In Iowa, USA
Posted Date: February 2, 2023
Author: Jobs in USA