Urgent Vacancy Caltrans Jobs Los Angeles For Office Assistant
Caltrans Jobs Los Angeles, Our company is looking for an office assistant to be responsible for handling clerical tasks in our office. You will be handling incoming phone calls and other communications, greeting clients and visitors, as well as managing files, updating paperwork and other documents, and performing other general office clerk duties and errands.
In order for you to be selected as a candidate, you will need the ability to write clearly and be proficient with word processing applications. A pleasing personality with strong communication skills is also highly valued.
Office Assistant is an administrative professional responsible for the daily administrative activities of office operations. An Office Assistant’s responsibilities include taking calls from customers and delivering messages while also using basic office equipment like faxes or scanners. They help maintain files to keep track of important documents, organize travel arrangements, manage supply inventory and perform data entry as required.
|Hiring Organization||California Department of Transportation|
|Post Name||Office Assistant|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 18 To USD 22 Per Hour|
|Location||Los Angeles, California, United States 90012|
The Caltrans District 7 Headquarters building at 100 South Main Street in Downtown Los Angeles, California serves the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) and the Los Angeles Department of Transportation.
Built on a $165 million budget, Its futuristic and environmentally friendly design won its designer, Thom Mayne. The design and construction of the building was documented across four episodes on the History Channel series Modern Marvels, to demonstrate the unique challenges presented in the design and construction of large buildings over the past two centuries.
The 13-story structure, bounded by First Street, Main Street, Second Street and Los Angeles Street, has 716,200 gross square feet for office spaces and an underground parking for vehicles.
Special features include the public plaza named for Eli and Edythe Broad, Motordom (a large four story light installation), the unique glass floor of the third-floor conference room, Code: Survey (one-foot-square glass art panels), urban landmarks (4-story high “100” house number and the light-bar cantilevers out of the building), and the Ten Past Five O’clock on the fourth floor.
Job Responsibilities For Caltrans Jobs Los Angeles
- Handling incoming calls and other communications.
- Managing filing system.
- Recording information as needed.
- Greeting clients and visitors as needed.
- Updating paperwork, maintaining documents, and word processing.
- Helping organize and maintain office common areas.
- Performing general office clerk duties and errands.
- Organizing travel by booking accommodation and reservation needs as required.
- Coordinating events as necessary.
- Maintaining supply inventory.
- Maintaining office equipment as needed.
- Aiding with client reception as needed.
- Experience as a virtual assistant.
- Creating, maintaining, and entering information into databases.
Job Requirements For Caltrans Jobs Los Angeles
- Experience as an office assistant or in a related field.
- Ability to write clearly and help with word processing when necessary.
- Ability to work well under limited supervision.
Job Skills For Caltrans Jobs Los Angeles
- Warm personality with strong communication skills.
- Great communication skills.
- Verbal communication skills.
- Written communication skills.
- Technology skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Time-management skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Planning skills.
- Overseeing clerical tasks, such as sorting and sending mail.
- Keeping an inventory of office supplies and ordering new materials as needed.
- Maintaining files.
- Welcoming visitors to your office.
- Answering phone calls.
- Taking and delivering messages.
- Ensuring the office runs smoothly.
Job Benefits For Caltrans Jobs Los Angeles
- Getting to do a little bit of everything.
- Working with everyone at the company.
- Guiding a company’s strategic direction.
- Making plans.
- Finding growth within the same role.
- Being in the know.
- Facing challenges and solving puzzles.
- Enjoying a variable, but busy, schedule.
Post Title: Urgent Vacancy Caltrans Jobs Los Angeles For Office Assistant
Posted Date: April 23, 2022
Author: Jobs in USA