Non Profit Jobs NYC, Social workers help clients handle everyday life problems. They often assist clients who have issues caused by neglect, abuse, domestic violence, mental health, and parental substance abuse. Clinical social workers may also diagnose and treat mental, behavioral, and emotional issues.
We are looking for a compassionate social worker to help serve the communities that we have a presence in by assisting our clients that are affected by issues such as neglect, child abuse, domestic violence, mental health, and parental substance abuse. Cases will be handled by phone or in person. You will be in charge of assessing clients and gathering relevant information about their cases, providing crisis intervention, and contacting and making referrals to other agencies and services.
A key to succeeding in this role is the ability to stay calm and empathize with clients when they are upset. You should also be aware of others’ reactions and understand why they react as they do.
|Post Name||Social Worker|
|Qualification||12th Pass, Any Graduate|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 2200 To USD 2800 Per Month|
|Location||New York City, New York, United State 10005|
Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) is a global educational nonprofit focused on bringing the power of entrepreneurship to youth in low-income communities. NFTE’s rigorous programs are taught by a highly trained Teacher Corps, and NFTE students are supported by a diverse
Volunteer Corps drawn from the local community, including business leaders and entrepreneurs. Since its founding more than 30 years ago, NFTE has trained thousands of teachers and educated more than a million young people worldwide.
NFTE works with a variety of public and private sector partners to bring its uniquely effective brand of experiential, project-based learning to young people. NFTE learners are supported by a highly trained
Teacher Corps, coached by a dedicated Volunteer Corps, and motivated and rewarded by opportunities to vie for scholarships and seed capital at a series of annual business plan and pitch competitions.
Social Worker Responsibilities For Non Profit Jobs NYC
- Assisting clients in receiving services by telephone and in person.
- Getting clients involved in beneficial activities.
- Assessing clients and gathering relevant information.
- Offering information and supporting clients and their families.
- Contacting and making referrals to other agencies and services.
- Maintaining accurate records and preparing reports.
- Participating in training, supervision, and meetings.
- Watch for signs of child abuse.
- Provide crisis intervention.
Social Worker Skills For Non Profit Jobs NYC
- Awareness of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Ability to judge the relative costs and benefits of potential social service and health care actions and choose the most appropriate one.
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks.
- Proficient in word, excel, outlook, and powerPoint.
- Ability to stay calm and empathize with clients when they are upset.
- Licensed clinical social worker.
- Able to develop a treatment plan.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention.
- Valid driver’s license.
Social Worker Benefits For Non Profit Jobs NYC
- Work in a wide variety of environments.
- Advance in the field.
- Make a positive impact.
- Earn a strong salary.
- Complete diverse responsibilities.
Post Title: Urgent Vacancy Non-Profit Jobs NYC For Social Workers
Posted Date: May 1, 2022
Author: Jobs in USA