UPS Jobs Los Angeles, We are looking for highly organized candidates for the position of mail clerk. Mail clerks are responsible for managing outgoing messages and packages, ensuring proper labeling and packaging for outgoing post and keeping detailed records of all incoming packages, including weight and dimensions, among other duties. Mail clerks will need to directly deliver mail to both departments and individuals, requiring excellent interpersonal skills.
A Mail Clerk, or Mailroom Clerk, is responsible for organizing and distributing mail among departments within a corporation. Their duties include receiving mail from a postal worker, sorting mail by departments and distributing mail items to each department.
Delivers mail to correct department or recipient. Forwards misdirected mail. Prepares documents and other items for shipping. Weighs mail and calculates correct postage. Mail clerks process and distribute mail throughout a company. Their primary responsibilities include sorting mail by department and category, forwarding misdirected mail and keeping an inventory of mailing supplies.
|Hiring Organization||UPS Customer Center|
|Post Name||Mail Clerk|
|Qualification||10th Pass, 12th Pass|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 16 To USD 20 Per Hour|
|Location||Los Angeles, California, United States 90031|
United Parcel Service (UPS, stylized as ups) is an American multinational shipping & receiving and supply chain management company founded. Originally known as the American Messenger Company specializing in telegraphs, UPS has grown to become a Fortune 500 company and one of the world’s largest shipping couriers.
UPS today is primarily known for its ground shipping services as well as the UPS Store, a retail chain which assists UPS shipments and provides tools for small businesses. In addition,
UPS offers air shipping on an overnight or two-day basis and delivers to post office boxes through UPS Sure Post, a subsidiary that passes on packages to the United States Postal Service for last mile delivery.
UPS is the largest courier company in the world by revenue, with annual revenues around US$85 billion , ahead of competitors DHL and FedEx. UPS’ main international hub, UPS World port in Louisville, Kentucky, is the fifth busiest airport in the world by cargo traffic based on preliminary statistics from ACI, and the third busiest in the United States behind FedEx’s Memphis Superhub and Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport.
Mail Clerk Responsibilities For UPS Jobs Los Angeles
- Sorting mail by department and category.
- Utilizing sorting machines and similar administrative technology.
- Managing outgoing messages and packages.
- Ensuring proper labeling and packaging for outgoing post.
- Arranging for deliveries with delivery companies such as FedEx.
- Forwarding misdirected mail.
- Keeping an inventory of mailing supplies, such as envelopes and stamps.
- Signing off on certified mail.
- Keeping detailed records of all incoming packages, including weight and dimensions.
- Logging incoming mail in company systems.
- Delivering mail to both departments and individuals, ensuring the relevant parties sign off on them.
Mail Clerk Requirements For UPS Jobs Los Angeles
- Previous mailroom experience.
- Proficiency with sorting machines.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Diligence and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Good dexterity.a
Mail Clerk Skills For UPS Jobs Los Angeles
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Proven experience as a Mail Clerk or Office Clerk.
- Experience with mail sorting and postage meter machines is a plus.
- Good computer skills.
- Well-organized, with sharp attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good communication and literacy skills.
- High school diploma preferred.
Mail Clerk Benefits For UPS Jobs Los Angeles
- House Rent Allowance.
- Dearness Allowance.
- Medical Allowance.
- Travel Allowance.
- Special Allowance.
- Transport Allowance.
Post Title: Urgent Vacancy UPS Jobs Los Angeles For Mail Clerk
Posted Date: April 26, 2022
Author: Jobs in USA